Two of Lana Del Rey's songs -- "Carmen" and "Summertime Sadness" -- come to mind & are on repeat as I type this. Here's a sample of some of the femme and glam lyrics that associate with this editorial, shot by one of my favorites, Ellen von Unwerth! I'm loving everything from the couture to the chantilly lace details, and lush curls to the retro makeup that is oh-so-Lana:
Darling, darling, doesn't have a problem
Lying to herself cause her liquour's top shelf
It's alarming honestly how charming she can be
Fooling everyone, telling how she's having fun
she gives them butterflies, bats her cartoon eyes She laughs like god, her mind's like a diamond
Buy her tonight, she's still shining
Like lightning, light, like lightning
Baby's all dressed up, with nowhere to go
That's the little story of the girl you know
Relying on the kindness of strangers
Time and cherry marks while doing party favours
Put your red dress on, put your lipstick on
Sing your song, song, now, the camera's on
And you're alive again
Fact: I wear a LOT of black (hello, Captain Obvious)--it's a universally flattering and chic color for good reasons. But let's talk about these electric neon Louboutins that I can't seem to get over: The first photo above is the exact look I would go for to bring a pop of color to an overall neutral + minimal outfit. Also, I would wear the neon pumps with black (preferably with leather) and jeans/pants, to sway from tacky L.A. / Miami club associations (read: micro bandage dresses). As for an affordable option, I think I would opt for these BCBGeneration Cielo Pointy-Toe Pumps ($89.00). What do you guys think about neon pumps? Have you seen any other good options?
1. noir lips + wishbone necklace. "success requires a #wishbone, funny bone, & backbone-- we all need to have a dream, embrace laughter, & be strong"
2. catching up on summer glossies on a warm summer afternoon--with Pellegrino, of course.
3. because you can't NOT take photos of pretty macarons from Bottega Louie.
4. "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring". I came across a much needed reminder and had a moment of reflection (pun intended). Thanks Lady Monroe.
5. red lipstick is caffeine to the face.
6. "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future" - Coco Chanel
7. margaritas + martinis at the Strand House in Manhattan Beach.
8. pretty flowers at The Dry Bar.
9. may all your pain be champagne, and your bikinis as cute as my martini--cheers ;)